30.7.12

Entrevista(s) a Marjane Satrapi


"So the use of the drawing for me is that first of all, I am a very lousy writer. I have tried actually, you know, at one time to write. If I had to write this short article or something, here I am good. But for a novel, just forget about it. I lose all my sense of humor, I lose completely all my decency, and I become completely lousy and pathetic. If I say to myself, “Now you are a serious girl and now you are going to make some serious work,” there’s nothing worse than wanting to make a serious work for me. So drawing gives to me the possibility of this sense of saying what I want to say."
Marjane Satrapi, en una entrevista concedida a Robert Root y publicada en Fourth Genre: Explorations in Nonfiction en 2007. El texto completo, aquí (en inglés).

Bonus track: divertida entrevista en formato cómic, también a la Satrapi, por Mike Russell en CulturePulp (en inglés).

0 opiniones:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...